This morning has been quite productive.
Here’s a rough from Disney’s ‘Rescuers Down Under’** I used in OpenToonz to create the shift in color/focus to make the drawings appear to animate. It’s a neat little illusion… the kind of stuff that makes animation possible. None of the drawings are moving.
I was impressed by how easy it was to set up in OpenToonz.
I’ve been exploring the use of Version Control in OpenToonz (via SVN/TortoiseSVN) as well as honing in on some workflow issues.
A few areas I also learned to resolve is getting the output image to exactly the size I need as well as to the .GIF format. (Note that currently GIF output is only in the portable version of OpenToonz.
So another fun exercise was using the regular release of OT as well as the portable at the same time to get at features that both don’t have. In the process, I’ve been taking note of what isn’t immediately working for ideal workflow.
**Disclaimer: This is not my artwork. These are thumbnails by the masterful Ron Husband. Check out his blog here: ronhusband.blogspot.com